Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Introducing Nundle Yarnista: Dell Nolan


When did you first learn to knit, crochet, or create projects with yarn? Who introduced you to this love?
Crocheting is one of my greatest loves :) I am self taught & have been crocheting for roughly 4 years. 

Where do you like to knit/crochet/yarnbomb, etc? 
I always have my crochet projects with me every where l go. A 2 hour trip in the car is the perfect time to whip up some granny squares or some crochet flowers to add to projects...or maybe a nice pole piece for a spot of Yarnbombing!!

Do you create all year round or only during particular seasons?  
I crochet all year round, in summer l try not to do big bulky projects but l love nothing more than hooking up a baby blanket or two or thirty in the winter months, sitting in the rocking chair by the fire! 

What projects do you enjoy most?
What I most love to do is creative, outside the box projects! Recently l've been spending some time on what l like to call "Yarnadermy", mounted & framed crochet animal heads. And colour!! Can never have too much colour, all my projects include a rainbow of many colours!



What project would you point to as your "Proudest Yarnista Moment"?  
My proudest "yarnista" moment?? I recently had my first works in an art exhibition. I made a special piece for the exhibit, a piece l named "Yarnataur", I have included a photo for you :)




Another special yarnista moment for me was to have some of my yarn bombed chairs displayed at The Royal Melbourne Show. I have included a photo of the display for you.



And last but not least l have added a photo of a yarn bombed gate l recently did for "the Gippsland Gatescape". Yarnbombing is a great way to have fun with trying new stitches & techniques. 


3 comments:

  1. Love your work Dell....you always use beautiful colours and have a wonderfully creative imagination...very impressive x

    ReplyDelete